วันศุกร์ที่ 12 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2552

Pride & Prejudice: Memorable Dialogue I

I found very impressive many dialogues between Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice. Here's one of the examples:



Elizabeth Bennet:I wonder who first discovered the power of poetry in driving away love?

Mr. Darcy: I thought that poetry was the food of love.


Elizabeth Bennet: Of a fine stout love, it may. But if it is only a vague inclination I'm convinced one poor sonnet will kill it stone dead


Mr. Darcy: So what do you recommend to encourage affection?


Elizabeth Bennet: Dancing. Even if one's partner is barely tolerable.



This scene occured after Mr. Darcy refused to dance with Elizabeth and after she heard him said that she just looked tolerable. So, her answer at the end showed her wit and slight sacasm to the man. And, in the scene, after the answer, she just walked away with pride and a little smile on her face. So, I just love her being sharp-tongued and without fear. Her answer might get Mr. Darcy like to know her.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น